I completed my first Fitness Bucket List activity! My workout is included above, screen shot the photo & take it to the playground! I also included a video below, along with details about each exercise.
It was so much fun to burn some calories while my kiddos were burning off some energy too. We went to a small neighborhood playground. I was hesitant to workout but I looked around and there were plenty of people running & walking outside for exercise… so what makes a HIIT workout an exclusively indoor workout?! Plus, who says playgrounds are for kids only? Everyone was receptive and supportive. Our sweet neighbor who walks even said she was going to give it a try too 🥳 How much fun! My kids and I give it a 10/10! I will definitely be doing this again.
Tag me in your playground workout & use the hashtag #FitnessBucketList so I can see your version! 😍
1. Box toe taps
- Lightly tap your left toes to the stair, then jump to switch feet, bringing the right toes up.
- Continue alternating feet. If there are no stairs, hop from foot to foot, aiming your toes onto an imaginary step.
- Engage your abdominals & glutes to protect your low back.
2. Alternating stair step up jumps
- Shift the weight to the foot on the step or box.
- Press off the box & alternate feet in the air landing with the opposite foot on the box.
3. Monkey bar knee ups
- Hang from the Monkey bars with your body straight, using an overhand grip.
- Bend your knees and use your lower abdominals to raise your knees toward your chest.
- Lower the legs down with control.
- The slower you can perform each rep the better your results will be. Don’t use momentum to swing your legs up.
4. Upside down sit-ups
- Place your legs over the bar, hang upside down by the crease of your knees.
- Place your hands on your temples, across your chest or held in front of you and curl your trunk up.
- Exhale forcibly as you curl up toward your knees. Inhale as you slowly lower.
- Do not use momentum. Use controlled movements.
5. TRX plank push-up to knee tuck
- Place the balls of your feet on the swing.
- Find plank position: Engage your glutes and gently squeeze your legs together. Press the floor away to eliminate any valley in between your shoulder blades and life the back of you head.
- Do one push-up. End in a plank position.
- Exhale as you bring your knees into your chest.
- Extend your legs back out to a plank position with control. Both hips and shoulders remain square to the floor.
6. TRX plank to pike
- Place the balls of the feet on the swing.
- Find your plank position with your hands directly under your shoulder.
- Pretend there is a rope attached to your tailbone as you lift your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Lift your hips as high as your knees can remain straight.
- Lower back down, with control, into your plank position.