We all know there are a million reasons to drink more water. My favorites are clearer skin, more energy, and boosted immune system. Water plays a vital role in our health as our bodies are made up of 70% of it! It is our job to replenish our bodies. But if you’re like me, knowing why it is so important won’t actually make you drink more. Although, I did a challenge of drinking a gallon of water per day and I saw AMAZING results. (See post here: I drank a gallon of water.) I know a gallon of water is extreme and not necessary, or sustainable, but 64oz. is definitely manageable. Here is a list of ways to drink more water. (Mainly as a reminder for myself. hehe).
- Invest in a cute water bottle or tumbler. Taking water to-go is a must, especially for a busy lifestyle. Think of it as an accessory.
- Drink water first thing in the morning. Drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach helps cleanse your colon, flush out toxins, and fire up your metabolism.
- Keep water by your side. Sip water while your working, playing with the kids, working out, or watching TV.
- Use a reusable straw. Using a reusable straw make me drink much more water. Our brains are used to drinking out of straws at restaurants and coffee shops. I believe its because it feels more like a “treat”.
- Set an alarm or reminder. First thing in the morning, afternoon, evening, and before bed.
- Every time you use the restroom drink water. Think of it as replenishing the loss of fluid.
- Mark a jug or water bottle with a time. It will serve as you schedule for drinking water throughout the day. Its easier to reach a goal when you have a plan of action!
- Keep water by your bed. Wake up in the middle of the night? Drink some water! First thing in the morning, you can reach for your water before you even get out of bed!
- Create infused water with fruit or herbs. I love lemon & cucumber. Switching up the flavor is a fun way to encourage more drinking.
- Reward yourself. If you have a sweet tooth, tell yourself you can have some dessert but only after you drink a cup of water. Bonus: You won’t be able to eat as much of your reward with a stomach filled with water!
- Download a water drinking app. It’s important to keep track of your water intake.I use 21 Day Fix.
- Drink water with every single meal. Try to drink a glass before you take your first bite!
- Wear a hair tie on your left wrist. Wear one hair for every water bottle you want to drink. When drink that bottle, switch the hair tie to the right wrist or put it away in your purse.
- When you feel hungry, drink a glass of water first. Sometimes you are just dehydrated. It also helps curb cravings.
What are your favorite ways to drink more water?